Following warranty instructions means you will receive fast and smooth service if your car unexpectedly needs warranty repairs:
BMW issues a two-year warranty on new BMW cars. To keep the warranty valid, the user/owner must follow all warranty instructions. Failure to do so could lead to the warranty being invalidated, but does not affect the statutory rights of the user/owner under Icelandic law.
1. If the owner continues to drive a vehicle that has suffered a mechanical failure, the warranty could be invalidated. Any such failures must be reported immediately to an approved BMW service provider. Any delay could lead to problems further down the line.
2. BMW may refuse warranty if the vehicle has been serviced by anybody other than an approved BMW service provider, and if approved spare parts have not been used or the repairs made do not meet BMW quality standards.
3. Failure to follow approved BMW service monitoring can lead to the warranty being invalidated.
4. The warranty does not cover mechanical failures arising from misuse, neglect, collisions, or other normal wear and tear caused by normal use.
5. BMW cars are built to very specific quality standards to meet the most stringent requirements on fuel consumption and performance. Any modifications made to BMW cars which lead to a mechanical failure of any kind are made at the user’s/owner’s risk. BMW dealers and/or service providers are liable for any such modifications only if they have been approved by BMW.
6. BMW vehicles are manufactured for passenger transport in all general and habitual conditions. They are not intended to be used in other conditions, such as racing, rally, drifting or similar. BMW dealers and/or service providers reserve the right to reject warranty if a vehicle is used in any of these ways.
7. The vehicle’s warranty does not cover death, bodily injury, property damage or loss of income arising either directly or indirectly from incidents related to the warranty. This clause does not restrict or exclude liability for death, bodily injury owing to manufacturing defects or negligence for which the manufacturer or their staff are found to be responsible. The owner/user must ensure that the vehicle is not used without conventional statutory insurance.